Synthetic underlayment that will totally rock the way you roll Stormtite® synthetic underlayment is engineered to be used under asphalt shingles. And it has qualified as a CRC approved Roofing Component. It is a cost-effective alternative to traditional #15 asphalt saturated felt, and is covered by a limited 15-year material warranty¹.
Here’s why it rocks.
• Stronger than felt. Stormtite® is more resistant to tearing and shredding when installers walk on it. Plus it’s coated top and bottom with tough polyolefin for superior weather resistance.
• More flexible, even in cold weather. Stormtite® is easy to install around vents, dormers, skylights and other typical roof structures. It lays flat without curling and is super durable.
• Synthetic, non-breathable material. Stormtite® effectively sheds water that gets behind shingles and it’s engineered to be a vapour-retarder. Thanks to built-in UV stabilizers, it can be left exposed for up to 30 days¹ and will continue to perform.
• Lighter than felt. A single roll of Stormtite® contains 1000 square feet but weighs only 21.5 lb. It’s easier for your installers to handle.
Specifications & Standards
- 76.2 m (250 ft.) X 1219 mm (48”)
- Coverage Per Package:
- Qty Per Pallet:
- 42 rolls
- Shingles Per Square:
- Quantity Per Unit/Package:
- 92.9 m2 (1000 sq. ft.)
- Warranty Term:
- Limited Wind Warranty Upgrade:
- Iron Clad Protection Period:
Note: All values shown are approximate.
¹Please refer to the Limited Warranty for complete terms, conditions, restrictions and application requirements.